So i downloaded Safing portmaster so far so good. now what i want to do is to set costume global rules that will block certain websites and then to allow/block them per app, for example.
blocking you tube acess globally but then only allow its access trough freetube.
is this can be done. and if so how?
Personally, I use Portmaster in Prompt mode. This allows me to see every network call a program makes (so I can decide whether it needs it). This can be set globally in the Settings.
A way to do this without Prompt mode, would be to use Portmaster Global rules. You should be able to block a domain (eg: YouTube.com) globally, then Allow it in the individual Program Settings.
This is exactly what i want to do! can you tell me how? i couldn’t find the way to do so.
I’m not on my PC, right now, so I’ll be going through memory. If this doesn’t help I can do a proper guide later.
- Open Portmaster, and on the left you should see… 5 icons. One for Activity, one for Applications, one for SPN, one for Global Settings, and another for Help.
- Click on the icon for Global Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Outbound Connections.
- Click add, and type in a domain. Make sure the box on the left of the domain says what you want to do. I think the default is Block/Deny.
- Launch your Application, and go back into Portmaster.
- Click on the Applications Icon, find, and click your program.
- Click Settings, it should be to the right of Activity.
- Scroll down, and find Outbound Connections. Add your domain, and make sure the box says what you want. I think by default it’s set to Deny/Block.