Reliable Signal fork?

Molly and langis are some forks available. Which one is better. Are they even safe? If i don’t have gsf which one is better for reliable notifications?

From what I understand, the Signal Client and Server, is fully open source. They don’t do a good job of keeping the open sourced code up-to-date, but it’s available for other developers.

I couldn’t find much on langis, and as I’ve never heard of it, I can’t really comment. As for Molly, that code is open source, and I’ve seen it recommended quite a few times. From what I can tell, it’s still connecting to the Signal server, just the user-side client is different. Looking over the release cycle, Signal seems to do a better job at keeping the app updated. Signal is currently on ver 6.6.3 (released yesterday), while Molly is currently based on 6.3.6 (released over a month ago). This could be a problem, if not now, then in the future. Still, looking at Molly, it seems to be a decent client, with some nice improvements.

Great conversation, alternatives will definitely be considered when the in app notices pop up stating discontinuing SMS support.