Peertube seems abandoned?

Just chequed the Peertube link (from the techlore website) and the latest video there is the proton mail revamp one. Has something happened?

It should be updated I believe, I’ll check with Henry on that today.

When we click publish on YouTube, everything auto-appears on Odysee, but PeerTube we need to actively upload to. A lot of times the import process leads to errors, and before the previous video is finished processing we have another video already published on YT, etc. It’s a bad cycle.

This is totally on us to be more vigilant about, but it’s just a frustrating issue :stuck_out_tongue: Here is a screenshot of our import log to show you how frequently we have to attempt imports before it finally succeeds.

I just imported the missing videos (The ones showing as pending) - so that should bring everything up to date, but I’m sure some will error out, I’ll keep re-attempting until they succeed. Will also reach out to the instance owners to see if there’s something on their end that can make this better.

1 Like

I assumed peertube autosynqued like youtube. But this looks very tedious

2 Likes

As of right now the most recent video on techlore@bitcointv.com is “I’m Leaving Custom ROMs - Here’s Why.
Now that Surveillance Report and The New Oil have their own instance (apertatube.net), isn’t that easier for you to upload your new videos there or maybe it’s the Peertube protocol itself that is problematic?

2 Likes

We don’t run that PeerTube instance, it’s run by The New Oil. I don’t think which instance we use would make a difference with the tools we use to mirror videos.