Looking for like minded people on Mastodon

Hey people!

So I deleted FB Instagram and any other social media I had before, years ago. I am currently on Mastodon and wanted to get in touch with like minded (privacy oriented) people.

Follow me on Mastodon! and I’ll follow you back! https://social.snopyta.org/@bazurk

2 Likes

Just joined Mastodon because of your post. Sent you an connection request.

@Everyone else - feel free to join / follow me - Sign up - Mastodon
I also need some more like minded friends.

1 Like

Be sure to follow techlore! @techlore@mastodon.social

3 Likes

Ok have patience with a newbie on mastadon. I find 4 techlore related profiles on Mastodon, but none are an exact match

1 Like

That is because you are on mastodon.social as well (on the same instance as @techlore@mastodon.social). You can see that the first Techlore account is, when you click on it, on mastodon.social, too. That is also the reason it lists first in the search results as it is a precise match, only the instance name is hidden.

The hidden instance name is done on many federated applications to distinguish between federated (with the instance name visible) and local (without the instance name) content: accounts, posts etc. @techlore@mastodon.social is therefore local to you, whilst federated for me on mastodon.online. I see there the full name with the instance name visible with your search query.

TL;DR: Try the first account. See if there are recent posts (as in this week, for example). Other accounts are previously used ones, PeerTube accounts etc.

2 Likes

Followed you. Mine is @prodxpriv@mastodon.social

Just followed you. My account is @gunther@fosstodon.org.

1 Like

Be sure to follow techlore! @techlore@mastodon.social

Then I would suggest taking a look at @thenewoil@freeradical.zone.

1 Like