How do you reach out to someone on a public forum to start a side bar conversation on an encrypted platform without divulging any personal information while simultaneously requiring no information from them?
- I don’t want to provide my email or phone number on a public forum. ( personal email, proton alias, signal, session are out)
- I could request them to email me and provide an anon addy or simplelogin alias but then they would have to reply from their personal email if they are not privacy savy.
- I could share a blank .txt file in a password protected shared folder, but that would probably seem kind of sketchy.
I have no enemies nor assets significant enough to be targeted.
In my mind this tool would be a cloud hosted, zero access encrypted, password protected chat platform that can be initiated with a unique , never repeating, URL.
Does such a tool exist?
- Multiple people on forum
- Person A says to person B "Hey person B lets chat on such-n-such app. (Attach custom URL to 1 on 1 chat window)
- Person B clicks on URL.
- Person B is routed to such-n-such app web portal and prompted for a password with a hint Person A set up.
- Person B enters the correct password
- Both person A and B continue their conversation on an encrypted platform without ever exchanging contact information.
- Prior to closing the chat Person B is given the opportunity to change their password and create an account.
Thanks for your thought.