How do i de-google my samsung phone with no custom rom

How in this insecure world am i supposed to fully de-google my phone with no custom rom? Just asking. Also google alternatives would be nice.

1 Like

I also have a Samsung phone since I don’t like Apple and Google doesn’t offer repairs in my country.

What I have done is when I first got the phone I instantly used ADB ( Android Debug Bridge ) to uninstall bloatware.

1 Like

@Private4Life You can do that… thats really cool. Does adb void warranty?

I don’t think so, but just in case this is from a Samsung forum Solved: Will adb void my warranty - Samsung Members

2 Likes

@Private4Life pog ty

1 Like

Besides doing the Google related things mentioned in the Android privacy guide I don’t think there’s too much more to pull Google out of a default ROM. For as many apps as your remove, unfortunately you will still have Google Play services still running in the background. One of the main benefits of a custom ROM is separating Google Play from the rest of the OS.

When you ask for Google alternatives, what specifically are you looking for? Search? Email? Productivity suite?

1 Like

@InternetGhost For alternatives im just kinda looking for a faster alternative to aurora store , cause my internet sucks and auroras slow.

You can force disable google services and google play services and unlink a google account. This question was more to see if i forgot much.

A cool little tool, once you have ADB setup, is Universal Android Debloater. Here’s the github page. It’ll scan you device to see what “bloat” is on there. It uses various filters, and categorizes, making sure to filter out some of the more harmful stuff that’d ruin critical functionality if removed. Everything can be easily undone, too. Really cool project.

Just a note. ADB, technically doesn’t uninstall the app. It’s still on the device, just not installed on your “user”. Meaning even if you don’t use the debloater, everything can be undone by just resetting your device. Meaning, it’s not detectable, if you ever need to send the device in for warranty, or if you end up selling it.

2 Likes

You definitely have to install a custom ROM to De-Google your phone.

1 Like

In short: You can’t. Google will always be in what I call stock Android (the way Android gets delivered)
All you can do is using ADB to “nuke” your system (attention: This MIGHT make your system unusable) and install FOSS apps instead of proprietary apps (here I once again link A brief and informal analysis of F-Droid security | Wonder's Lab)

You should delete Google services (search engine, YouTube, gmail and so on) out of your life as much as possible.
Also go to your settings and disable Google Play Services.

If you can root your device, you can do a lot more. But rooting is always a security and warranty issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-degoogle-any-device-and-install-microg.4058743/
Obvious warning: This will void your warranty and might make your device unusable.

2 Likes