Cryptpad, anyone heard of it?

I’ve been thinking of cloud storage solutions to use for a long time. At first I tried Nextcloud but I found that it runs really heavy on my VPS. I was reccomended this other solution by a friend and wondered if anyone has ever used it and can/can’t recommend it.

FOSS drive, docs, etc, seems like a good solution, what do you guys think?

I have not used it myself but I have watched a YouTube video about it and another google docs alternative a couple days ago.

I hope the video helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Using it every day, especially Kanbans as solid E2EE replacement of Trello boards.

1 Like

Heard of it, looks quite nice although I personally self-host Nextcloud so don’t need it. Of course not everyone can or wants to self-host, Cryptpad seems great for this!

2 Likes

We also used to use CryptPad. It has some limitations but it’s overall nice. Try it out and see if it works for your use-case! Didn’t end up working for us but I think it’s still good for a lot of uses

What types of limitations? More specifically were they team based or individual based limitations?

Most issues we faced were team related. Real-time collaboration was poor, usability on mobile devices was close to unusable, and we suffered many little issues that quickly made the script-writing process a chore for us. Ultimately, it was just a tool that felt like it was getting in the way rather than helping us. Individually I had fewer issues with it, but the point stands I think everyone should give it a shot. Great group of devs and it’s overall quality software, but like all things you have to see if it works for you. It’s totally free to try, so give it a shot. No risk.

1 Like

Thank you Henry, I’ll be sure to give this a shot.

1 Like