Hello i want to know whats the best browsers to use in android for privacy can you friends help me with choosing the best ones for me
- Brave (with disabled crypto bs) - if you use Brave on desktop you can use Sync feature.
- I prefer ddg as search engine everywhere as i feel it hardly collects any user data
- Use secure and custom dns in browser settings.
- Personally i wouldn’t recommend using brave sync unless they encrypt your data and don’t keep logs or copies of it on their server.
- Bromite pretty much has all the relevant settings for privacy set by default like disabled webrtc etc. ,so you need very less user changes.
- Bromite has some additional mitigations to resist fingerprinting techniques like super cookie which i am not sure brave is able to execute properly.
- In bromite you could enable opening of external links in a incognito tab to prevent the links saving cache cookies and other fingerprints.
- Bromite has in-built settings for custom user agent.
I use Vanadium and Chromium (with some security improvement patches)
Well thanks but which version of chromium do you use
The latest for which I can find the patches I need/I patch myself.
It’s compiled locally and more of a “can I DIY it?” project, so basically a pain in the ass for most users. I do not recommend this to anyone, as it can lead to huge problems.
The version is 105 (whatever minor version it is).
As you’re probably asking with a “what should I use?” background, the answer is Bromite and nothing else. It is not the newest Chromium version (.31 instead of .136), but should be the best option for most users privacy & security wise.
I hope this helps you
Yeah but what about users who don’t want to switch to bromite
What’s your reasoning for not wanting to use bromite? The basically only other recommendation I have is Vanadium, but that browser is basically GOS only.
I use brave because its cross platform and has a better user interface not to mention that powerful ad blocker i also use firefox for Android as backup
Brave is supposed to be a good privacy respecting browser as well, I just have never used it myself and therefore don’t include it in my list of recommended browser.