After years of wanting a newsletter, I’m thrilled to finally announce Techlore Dispatch - a convenient place to keep up with the latest privacy & security updates from us, while allowing us to independently reach you without relying on ‘big tech’ platforms. If you’re already on the forum, I strongly recommend joining the Dispatch too for full access to everything we’re doing. Join Now! [RSS]
What can you expect?
- Blog Posts: Written content where we can dive deeply into privacy & security concepts.
- Podcast: We heard the love for Techlore Talks and have published it as an audio-only podcast on the dispatch!
- Video Announcements: A central place to be notified about our newest videos
- Video Blogs: Some videos will have blog versions to accompany the videos!
- News: We’re still deciding what this will be used for, but currently the goal is to reserve this for massive incidents we want to inform our audience about in the privacy/security space.
- Techlore Announcements: Techlore-specific announcements.
We have chosen to use Substack, what we found to be the best balance of the features we want, the user experience for you, cost, energy to maintain, and not being terribly privacy invasive. With that said, it’s not perfect, some privacy mitigations for you all:
- Use an alias email (SimpleLogin)
- Use a browser that blocks trackers (Firefox & Brave are two easy recs)
- Use a service like Protonmail that blocks email trackers
If we find a service down the road that fits our needs similarly and is more privacy-friendly, we’ll consider migrating. In the meantime, we find Substack with 0 mitigations should fit most threat models, and using it with the listed mitigations should include just about every threat model out there.
Feel free to leave any questions below and thanks everyone for being a part of our community!